Chevron Refinery – Shutdown/Maintenance
Chevron Refinery – Cape Town, South Africa
Scope of Work:
Refinery total shutdown.
- Removal, HP Cleaning, repair and re-installation of bundles (use of puller)
- Repair and/or rebuild of sootblower
- Repair of steam leak, valves, gauge glasses, trays
- Catalyst loading and sorting
- Average of 500 men employed during shutdown
General maintenance and capital works covering management, supervision and supply of personnel for all disciplines (Excl. mechanic and instrumentation). Approximately 250 000 man-hours are spent each year, plus shutdowns and plant extension/repairs.