SA Five recognises and accepts responsibility as an employer for providing a safe and healthy workplace. The Company will take all steps to meet its responsibilities with regard to health and safety, paying particular attention to:
- Sufficient information and instructions.
- Sufficient supervision to ensure that all work is carried out in a safe manner thus ensuring the safety of the worker.
- Appointment of safety representatives and safety committee members and training of same to identify hazards or potential threats to the health and safety of employees; report, discuss and make recommendations to Company officials to remove such hazards in order to create a safe and healthy work environment.
- Make employees aware of all dangers, unsafe acts and consequences in order to prevent injuries.
- Enforce discipline through Directors, Managers, Supervisors and Safety Representatives.
- Safe plant, equipment and system of work.
- Safe arrangements for the use, handling, storing and transportation of equipment and materials.
- Appointment and training of First Aid officers to attend to minor injuries.
SA Five recognises the importance of sound environmental performance and controlling the impact of our activities, products and services on the environment as a whole.
We are therefore committed to a policy that should ensure the following:
- Compliance with all relevant environmental legislation and regulations.
- Optimum use of all materials and resources.
- Continual performance measurement, evaluation & improvement.
- The prevention of pollution.
- Education, training and the sharing of environmental objectives and experience.
To this end, SA Five Engineering is committed to the maintenance of an integrated environmental management system based on the requirements of the SABS ISO 14001 Code of Practice.
Environmental management is among our highest corporate priorities and to ensure sustainable development, the ongoing commitment and leadership of all personnel is crucial.
SA Five recognises that the maintenance and continual improvement of quality standards in our work is the key to our success, reputation and the satisfaction of both our customers and staff.
To this end the organisation has adopted and is committed to a formal quality management system, in order to ensure the following:
- To grow existing markets and develop new business.
- To achieve customer satisfaction by maintaining and improving quality in the execution of project services.
- To complete project work in accordance with requirements, safely, on time and within budget.
- To carry out all operations of the organisation in a safe, healthy and environmentally responsible manner.
- To maintain and develop mutually beneficial supplier and sub-contractor relationships.
Quality is therefore the responsibility of all personnel who work for the organisation – individual attitude and discipline of everyone thus being paramount.
SA Five manufacture to the following Codes & Standards (as required):
- SA Five Management and Quality Documents
- South African Codes & Regulations, ie. SANS 347, SANS 1921-1 / -3, OH&S Act etc.
- ASME – ie. B16.5, B31.1, B31.3 etc.
- AWS – ie. D1.1
- ASTM / ANSI Standards