June 2015 – November 2016
Blackheath & Tanker Basin (C.T. Harbour)
The scope of Work:
To supply and install the Mechanical, Electrical, Control & Instrumentation Construction Scope of Works for the Upgrading of the Fire Fighting System at the Tanker Basin and Eastern Mole in the Port of Cape Town
Transnet Group Capital, on behalf of TNPA, undertook the following objective – To lower the risk associated with the existing fire fighting system that is compromised by age and condition at the Tanker Basins, and to extend the system to cater for the safe handling of liquid petroleum products at Eastern Mole 2 – this upgrade to comply with the standards of the International Safety Guide for Oil Tankers and Terminals (ISGOTT); and comprising the following:
- New Lifts pumps and piping in the modified Pump Station.
- Booster and Jocky pumps and piping in the new Booster Pump Station.
- Installation of 150m of new 500NB delivery pipeline between the new Booster Pump Station and the new Foam Mixing Station.
- New Foam mixing/dosage pump and foam circulation pump complete with foam mixing storage tanks and piping.
- Installation of 2.5km of two new 350NB pipelines from Foam Mixing Station via culverts and pipe bridges to the quayside dolphins; thus servicing fire water and foam to the monitor nozzles of the towers and viewing stations at Tanker Basins 1 & 2, as well as Eastern Mole 2
- Electrical, Instrumentation and Control supply to the above; including standby generators, transformers, MCC’s, PLC’s and SCADA, as well as Fire detection, CCTV and PA system etc.